It costs approximately £125,000 each year to operate the Fountain Centre. We are very fortunate that we do not pay for our space, which is donated by the Royal Surrey County Hospital, and they also cover a third of our annual staff budget. Without these contributions our actual overheads would be more like £300,000. Overheads are kept down further due to our excellent volunteer base that provide therapies, counselling and reception cover. Around £25,000 is raised every year by our Supporter’s Club, trustees and other friends of the Fountain Centre. This means every year we must raise around £100,000 in order to continue offering our services, without cost, to those who need it.
We are so grateful for your continued hard work, commitment and funds raised for the Fountain Centre especially in this new financial climate. All donations will help towards maintaining and developing this valuable charity to support cancer patients, families, friends and carers. Every penny counts and helps with the cost of essential day to day running costs.
There are many ways in which you can donate vital funds to the Fountain Centre:
- One-off donations by cheque made out to the Fountain Centre. We even accept cash!
- Regular donations made by text or Standing Order .
- electronically through Just Giving, Virgin Money Giving and MyDonate – either generically or to individual supporters who are seeking sponsorship; just type in Fountain Centre to the site’s search box to find out who is doing what to raise funds for us.
- A legacy gift made in your Will
- A memorial gift in memory of a loved one. Funeral directors can make arrangements for this kind of giving.
- Attending our fundraising events, held throughout the year
If you are a UK taxpayer and would like your donation to qualify for Gift Aid , you can increase its value to us by 20%, but you must put this in writing. Your Gift Aid declaration can apply to past donations as well as future ones.